How to take care of your skin from summer to fall?
Summer is ending, the air is getting cooler and temperatures are starting to drop. Even though we have a basic understanding of how to modify our skincare routine to adapt to changes in the weather, many of us still make mistakes. But do not worry. We're here to help your skin transition from the hot summer months to the cooler temperatures of September.
What is the effect of the transition from summer to autumn on your skin?
During the transition from summer to autumn, the nights get longer and the days get shorter, the air gets colder and the sunshine decreases. Our skin can start to react badly due to the higher wind, humidity and air changes. Here are some of the changes you might experience this season.
- Colder temperatures can dry out your skin
- Due to the increased dryness, irritations may be aggravated, especially on sensitive skin
- Premature aging, fine wrinkles and cracks are all signs of aging
- Redness and a dull appearance of the skin
These effects call for a few simple tips for updating your skincare routine this fall. There are additions you can make to your current skincare routine to help your skin recover from extreme weather changes.
How to increase the level of hydration of the skin?
Skin that lacks oil is generally referred to as "dry", which is a type of skin. Dehydrated skin, on the other hand, is a skin problem caused by a lack of water. The skin can be dry, dehydrated or both at the same time. It is also possible that the skin is oily and dry, which is perhaps the most difficult to treat. Hydrating your skin is important for increasing skin elasticity, which helps you look younger and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Our top picks to use to hydrate your skin:
- Feel Good Moisturizing Cream : For extremely dry or dehydrated skin, it deeply hydrates while providing great comfort. This treatment is water-based to rehydrate your skin. Its enveloping texture allows easier absorption and optimal hydration.
- Main active ingredients:
- Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a carbohydrate found naturally in our body. Our body's levels of hyaluronic acid are responsible for the elasticity of the skin, which makes the skin look youthful and wrinkle-free. The less HA we have in our bodies as we age, the more important it is to invest in products that contain HA to help moisturize the skin and reduce the appearance of dry skin.
- Squalane is a natural lipid that our body generates and helps keep our skin hydrated. The level of squalane in our body decreases with age, which is why it is necessary to choose a product that contains this component for healthier and hydrated skin.
- To The Top Hydrating Mask : Nourishes and protects your skin, helping to prevent the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, which are the first signs of skin aging. Your skin's elasticity and firmness are plumped and improved over time. It limits the formation of facial wrinkles and prevents sagging skin by moisturizing the skin with water. Your skin is smoother and firmer.
Main active ingredients:
- Shea butter is a natural fat produced from shea nuts, and it's a fantastic component to look for in nourishing moisturizers. It is a natural soothing agent with anti-inflammatory and anti-aging effects, as well as an excellent emollient that improves the overall smoothness of the skin by better absorbing moisture from the skin.
- Cottonseed oil is an oil-based moisturizer with necessary fatty acids that help skin retain its natural moisture. It's made from cottonseed and is a fantastic way to keep your skin hydrated this time of year.
Is it necessary to continue using cleansers and cream-masks?
Add cream masks and cleansers that encourage luminosity and help your skin look brighter and shinier throughout the seasons to keep your skin looking radiant. Even during the coldest seasons of the year, like fall, a natural glow can be achieved using ingredients designed to brighten and improve dull looking skin, leading to healthier looking skin.
Our top picks to use for glowing skin:
- Light Up Facial Cleansing Foam : This incredible dual action foam cleanses and tones the skin. A delicate and soft texture that gently cleanses impurities and optimizes skin texture without drying it out.
Main active ingredients:
- Allantoin is found in plant extracts of comfrey, known for their softening and soothing properties. It has moisturizing and keratolytic effects, increasing the water content of the extracellular matrix and improving the shedding of dead skin cells in the upper layers of the skin, thereby improving skin smoothness.
- Rising Star Radiance Mask : an ultra-soft texture erases signs of fatigue and illuminates the skin in a few minutes for an immediate boost of radiance. Your best ally against dullness. Thanks to the antioxidant vitamin C, it helps reduce the signs of fatigue from the first use. The skin of the face is smoothed and revitalized.
Main active ingredients:
- Vitamin C is appreciated in the summer for the radiance and protection it gives our skin, but it is just as important in the fall. Regular use of vitamin C helps to improve the skin's defenses, keeping it healthy and nutritious throughout the change of seasons, and is considered the "gold standard in anti-aging".
- Cylindrical imperata is a species of perennial rhizomatous grass, and is used as an ingredient in facial cream. It is able to retain water in the skin for up to 24 hours.
If you follow these simple tips, taking care of your skin has never been easier. If you're already expecting cooler weather to arrive, there's still time to invest in a skincare routine that contains essential components to keep your skin looking healthy and youthful in this changeable season.