Made with CARE
Take the time to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices and please let us know if you have any questions by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org .
We have tried to keep this Policy as simple as possible, but if you are unsure of the terms Cookies, IP Addresses and Browsers, read about these key terms first.
You have the right to object to certain uses of your personal data, including the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You can see what your rights are and how you can exercise them here .
1. Who is in charge of the collection?
All personal data provided to or collected by INTUISKIN is controlled by INTUISKIN SAS, Parc Activillage des Fontaines, ZI Bernin, 38926 CROLLES, FRANCE (the data controllers ).
2. What personal data do we collect?
Personal data means any information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify a particular person. This definition includes personal data collected offline through our Consumer Engagement Centers, direct marketing campaigns, sweepstakes and contests, and online through our websites, apps and branded pages on third-party platforms. and applications accessible or used on third-party platforms.
We may collect personal information from various sources , including:
- Personal information that you give us directly ,
- The personal information we collect automatically , and
- Personal information we collect from other sources .
You are not obliged to provide INTUISKIN with the personal data we request, but if you choose not to do so, we may not be able to provide you with our products and services, or a very high quality of service, or to respond to any request.
2.1. Our methods of collecting your personal data
We may collect personal information from various sources , including:
- Personal information that you give us directly . We collect data about how you use our services and products, such as the types of content you watch or are interested in, or the frequency and duration of your activities. We also collect personal data that you provide to us when you sign up for a marketing newsletter, complete a survey or open an account to purchase our products. In doing so, we may ask you for personal information such as your name, gender, date of birth, address, email address, telephone number or bank details. Certain INTUISKIN brands may collect “ Special Categories of Personal Data ” about you with your explicit consent. To learn more about the special categories of data we collect and how we use it, see the relevant section below.
- Personal information we collect from other sources . We collect personal information from other sources including our trusted partnerships with third parties and where we have INTUISKIN accounts on third party platforms: for example when you use the “like” feature on Facebook. Additionally, we receive information about you and other visitors' interactions with our advertisements in order to measure whether our advertisements are relevant and successful. We also collect information about you and your activities from a third party when you jointly offer services or products, or from third party data enrichment providers (to learn more, refer to our key terms here ) which can provide information to INTUISKIN on the personal data in our possession.
2.2. When and why do we collect “special categories of personal data”?
Certain categories of personal information such as race, ethnicity, religion, health, sexuality or biometric data are classified as “ special categories of data ” and benefit from additional protection according to European data protection legislation. Datas.
We limit the instances where we collect and process these special categories of data.
INTUISKIN sometimes collects data about your health, e.g. allergies, pregnancy or skin type, in order to send you personalized advertisements and relevant promotions. INTUISKIN only collects and uses this personal information when you have given us your consent to do so. In some cases, you may be asked for services or products that do not directly require the collection of Special Categories of Data but may involve or imply your religion, health, or other Special Categories of Data.
To illustrate the cases where INTUISKIN collects and processes special categories of data, we have given the following examples:
- INTUISKIN collects sun exposure habits or skin type in the personal account in order to provide customers with advertisements and promotions for products corresponding to their needs.
- INTUISKIN sometimes collects information about your skin (age range, sun exposure, skin type, hydration, wrinkles, fine lines) for its diagnostic devices in order to advise you on the type of product that would be best suited to your needs.
2.3. How do we protect children's privacy?
We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children using INTUISKIN products and services.
The INTUISKIN sites, including the IOMA site, are designed for adults and intended for use by them .
We sometimes use your personal information to perform age checks and enforce any age restrictions.
3. How do we use your data?
We collect, process and disclose your personal information only for specific and limited purposes . For example, to make your payments , access and process complaints , develop and improve our products, services, methods of communication and the functionality of our websites, to provide personalized products and communications, targeted advertising, as well as our product recommendations.
We also create profiles by analyzing information from your online browsing, searches and shopping behavior, and interactions with our brand communications by creating segments (creating groups that have certain common characteristics) and placing your personal information in one or more segments.
In addition, INTUISKIN processes your personal information using automated processes . An automated decision is a decision that is made solely by automatic processes where humans do not intervene in the decision-making process regarding your personal information.
We collect, process and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- To make your payments , if you buy our products, to inform you of the status of your order , to process your inquiries and requests and to access and process complaints ;
- To process and respond to your requests for information or to contact you to answer your questions and/or requests;
- To develop and improve our products, services, communication methods and the functionality of our websites;
- In connection with contests or promotions in which you participate;
- To provide you with information and manage your registration and/or subscription to our newsletter or other communications;
- To manage our day-to-day business needs relating to your participation in our contests, sweepstakes, promotional activities or queries;
- To authenticate the identity of persons contacting us by telephone, electronically or otherwise;
- As part of internal training and quality assurance ;
- To understand and assess consumers' interests , desires and needs for change , to improve our website, our current products and services and/or develop new products and services; and
- To provide personalized products, communications, targeted advertising, as well as our product recommendations.
When we collect and use your personal data for the purposes mentioned above or for other reasons, we will inform you beforehand or at the time of data collection.
If necessary, we will seek your consent to process your personal information. If you have given your consent for processing activities, you have the right to withdraw it at any time.
In some cases, we rely on legitimate interest to process your personal data. For example, a legitimate interest may arise when you join a loyalty program with one of our brands and we use the personal data collected to conduct data analytics to improve our products and services. This ground will only be used if it is necessary to obtain a legitimate interest, for example to enable the performance of a contract, or to optimize a service, but it does not override your rights as a 'individual. We will only rely on the legal basis if there is no less intrusive way to process your personal data. We assure you that if we use a legitimate interest as the reason for processing your personal data, we will keep a record of it and you will have the right to request this information.
INTUISKIN uses your personal data to create profiles . We create profiles by analyzing information from your online browsing, searches and shopping behavior, and interactions with our brand communications by creating segments (creating groups that have certain common characteristics) and placing your personal information in one or more segments.
These segments are used by INTUISKIN to personalize the website and our communications to you (e.g. showing content relevant to you when you visit our site or in a newsletter to you), and to display offers and advertisements appropriate from the INTUISKIN brand on the INTUISKIN site and via third-party sites. Segments may also be used for third party campaigns on the INTUISKIN site. INTUISKIN profiles your data when you have given us your consent to do so, such as accepting the placement of cookies on your online browser or signing up for email newsletters from one of our brands.
You can withdraw your consent at any time to prevent this use of your personal data by referring to the manage cookies part of our Cookie Notice or by unsubscribing from the use of your email address if you are already logged in (e) on one of our sites or if you subscribe to marketing newsletters.
For exemple :
- INTUISKIN collects data, with your consent, from:
- Our web pages visited and how you interact with our content;
- Our banner ads that we run on social media platforms and other publisher websites; and
- Forms you complete online and send to us regarding your interests;
- We also track the products you purchase when you click on one of our banner ads and then purchase a product or service from our selected distribution partners.
- If you have requested to be notified by email, SMS, or push notification from us, we track you as soon as you open, read or click on the content in order to see what interests you, which allows us to bring you more content likely to satisfy you.
- We use this data to profile your likes and dislikes . For example, if we notice that you regularly consult specific INTUISKIN products on our site www.madewithcare.com and that you have chosen to receive e-mails, we may notify you of new products and beauty routines posted on the site. , or we can adapt our web content by offering elements that may be of great interest to you.
- Based on information from these profiles, we may serve you advertisements that we believe you will like and want to see because you are viewing content curated by us or our network of publishers with whom we promote. Sometimes, with your consent, we may use your current location to provide you with advertisements that are related in part to promotions or events taking place nearby that we believe may be of interest to you.
- We may also use information that you have provided to selected third parties and consent to be shared such as your age, gender, life stage, lifestyle and broader interests to identify people with similar interests. to yours and who might be interested in the same advertisements.
3.2. Automated decision making
In some cases, INTUISKIN processes your personal information using automated processes . An automated decision is a decision that is made solely by automatic processes where humans do not intervene in the decision-making process regarding your personal information.
- INTUISKIN uses automated e-mailing scenarios that generate e-mail campaigns based on your browsing behavior, shopping habits, birthday.
We will not make decisions based solely on automated decision-making that will materially impact you. Otherwise, we will notify you and provide you with clear information about our decision to rely on automated processing to make our decision and our legal basis for doing so. For example, INTUISKIN processes your personal data using automated means only if this is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract with you or when you have given your explicit consent .
You have the right not to be the subject of a decision based exclusively on automated processing if the decision produces legal effects concerning you or significantly affecting you. In particular, you have the right:
- to obtain human intervention ;
- to express your point of view ;
- obtain an explanation of the decision made after an assessment; and
- to challenge this decision.
4. With whom do we share your personal data?
As a global company, INTUISKIN may share your personal information internally and with selected third parties . For example, we may share your personal information with third party service providers, other third parties , and in the event of business transfers or legal disclosure .
As a global company, INTUISKIN may share your personal information internally and with selected third parties under the following circumstances:
- Other Third Parties . Your personal data will also be used by us or shared with advertisers, advertising agencies, ad networks, ad servers, social networks and analytical research companies or other third parties in connection with marketing, promotion , data enrichment (to learn more about our key terms, follow this link ) and other offers, as well as product information.
Legal Disclosure . We may transfer and disclose your personal data to third parties:
- in order to comply with a legal obligation ;
- when we believe in good faith that the law requires it;
- at the request of government authorities conducting an investigation ;
- to verify or enforce our “ Terms of Service ” or other applicable policies;
- to detect and protect against fraud , or any technical or security vulnerabilities;
- to respond to an emergency ; or else
- to protect the rights, property, safety or security of others, visitors to INTUISKIN sites, INTUISKIN diagnostic devices, INTUISKIN or the public.
4.1. International data transfers
Unilever will only transfer personal data collected in the European Economic Area (EEA) to foreign countries in situations such as:
- follow your instructions ;
- Comply with a legal obligation ; Where
- Working with our agents and advertisers who we use to help us run our business and services .
If we need to transfer personal data outside the EEA, INTUISKIN will ensure that it is protected in the same way as in the EEA. We will use one of the following guarantees:
- Transfer to a country outside the EEA whose privacy legislation guarantees an appropriate level of protection of personal data as in an EEA country;
- Set up a contract with the foreign third party which means that they must protect personal data according to the same standards as the EEA; Where
- Transfer personal data to organizations that are part of specific agreements relating to cross-border data transfers with the European Union (e.g. the Privacy Shield or Data Protection Shield is a framework which defines the standards for the confidentiality of data transferred from European Union countries to the United States).
5. How do we protect your personal data?
INTUISKIN takes the security of your personal data very seriously. We strive to protect your personal data against misuse, interference, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
Our measures include implementing appropriate access controls , investing in the latest information security capabilities to protect the computing environments we operate, and ensuring that we encrypt, pseudonymise and anonymize personal data if possible.
Access to your personal data is only permitted among our employees and agents on a need to know basis and is subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations where the data is processed by third parties.
6. How long will your personal data be kept?
We will keep your personal data for the time necessary to fulfill the objective pursued when they were collected. For example, when you buy a product from us online, we retain the data related to your purchase, enabling us to perform the specific contract you have agreed to and after which we retain the personal data for a period enabling us to process or to respond to complaints, inquiries, or purchase concerns.
Your data may also be retained so that we can continue to improve your experience with us and ensure that you receive the loyalty rewards to which you are entitled.
We retain identifiable data, which we collect directly for targeting purposes, for a minimum period of time , after which we take steps to permanently delete it .
We will actively review personal data in our possession and securely delete it, or in some cases anonymize it, when it is no longer necessary to retain it for legal, business or consumer purposes.
7. What are your rights?
Your rights relate to how we process your personal data. You can exercise these rights at any time. Below is an overview of these rights and what this means for you. You can exercise your rights by emailing email@example.com .
- The right of access and rectification . You have the right to access, correct or update your personal data at any time. We understand the importance of this and if you wish to exercise your rights, please contact us.
- The right to data portability . The right to portability is limited to the personal data that you have provided to us. This means that they can be given, copied or transmitted electronically in certain circumstances.
- The right to be forgotten . You have the right to request the deletion of your data in certain circumstances. If you wish to delete your personal data in our possession, please let us know and we will take reasonable steps to comply with your request in accordance with legal requirements. If the personal data collected is no longer necessary and the law does not oblige us to keep it, we will ensure that it is deleted, destroyed or permanently anonymized.
- The right to restrict data processing . You have the right to limit the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- The right to object . You have the right to object to certain types of data processing in certain cases, including the processing of data for direct marketing purposes (i.e. receiving emails from us notifying you or being contacted by proposing different possibilities).
- The right to lodge a complaint with a Supervisory Authority. . You have the right to complain directly to a local Supervisory Authority about how we process your personal data.
- The right to withdraw consent . If you have given your consent for us to process your personal data for any purpose (we rely on consent as the legal basis for processing your personal data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (but in this case, it does not mean that our use of your personal data with your consent at this stage is unlawful). You can withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time by contacting us specifying the details below.
- Rights related to automated decision-making . You have the right not to be the subject of a decision based exclusively on automated processing if the decision produces legal effects concerning you or significantly affecting you. In particular, you have the right:
- to obtain human intervention ;
- to express your point of view ;
- obtain an explanation of the decision made after an assessment; and
- to challenge this decision
You can obtain further information and advice on your rights from the data protection regulator in your country.
8. How to contact INTUISKIN?
When we receive a privacy question or access request, we provide a dedicated team to triage contacts and seek to address the specific concerns or requests for information that you raise with us. When your problem is more important, you can search for more information. All these serious contacts receive a response. If you are not satisfied with the response received, you can refer it to your relevant Supervisory Authority in your country. If you ask us, we will make sure to provide you with information about the relevant remedies that may apply to you.
10. Additional Privacy Terms or Policies
11. Definition of key terms
IP Address : An IP address, or just “IP,” is a unique address that identifies a device on the Internet or on a local network. It allows a system to be recognized by another system connected by internet.
Cookie : A cookie is a small amount of data generated by a website and saved by your web browser.
SMS : Stands for “Short Message Service”. SMS is used to send text messages to cell phones.
Push notification : A push notification is a message that is displayed on a device. A push notification is similar to SMS text messages and mobile alerts but is only intended for users who have installed your application.
You can find more definitions here .
Last updated March 15, 2019